Identifying a variety of possible underlying aggravating factors can help the long-term success of pain management. A few common aggravators of pain include:
- food intolerance (esp. gluten!)
- chronic/frequent anxiety, unresolved ("fight or flight"), often a result of insufficient relaxing hormone, serotonin.
- insomnia of various types
- estrogen dominance (not producing enough or taking enough progesterone to counterbalance estrogens = a relative progesterone deficiency) Remember, progesterone is relaxing to the mind and body.
- excessive sitting (without stretching or exercising to balance it out).
- trauma (mental, emotional, physical)
- excess sugar - promotes inflammation in many people
All of the above is just a sample of what has helped me and many of my patients regain the freedom to feel and do what is important to us, without the persistent intrusion of chronic pain.
Here are some important links to check out: